What Is Prefuse?
Prefuse.org is our attempt at increasing awareness of data privacy and the issues with privacy online in today’s society. We hope that this website will:
- Educate people on how they are losing their privacy at an alarming rate
- Show them how to take their privacy back
How You Are Losing Your Privacy
Privacy was once considered a fundamental right of the western world; something many take for granted. However, in the last ten years, user privacy has become an increasingly scarce commodity.
This erosion is coming from all directions:
- The government is spying on the public through increasingly sophisticated government agencies, and much of this data is shared between countries.
- Tech companies are using location, searches, browsing patterns and more to build profiles of users so they can make more and more in online advertising sales.
- Banks and governments are pushing people out of using cash and into using a controlled financial ecosystem.
How You Can Take It Back
The internet is a double-edged sword, and on the one hand, it is causing this expansion of anti-privacy trends. But it is also creating ways to take it back, including:
- Private Operating Systems
- Open Source
- And much more
Who we are
We are a group of privacy advocates and tech fanatics who have grown tired of blatant invasion, extraction, and sale of our private data. Our team is active across the globe; in the US, UK, and Asia – it includes open source developers, blockchain enthusiasts and developers, and privacy advocates.
What we promise
We promise to:
- Display no advertisements on this site. The only monetization we use is the occasional link to a product for which we might earn a small commission. We will always disclose if we might receive a commission from any specific page.
- Not use Google products for tracking and monitoring user traffic.
- Provide clear and concise actionable information to help you learn to stay private online.